How about a good drink for the weekend?
Dziękujemy naszej słuchaczce za super przepis na rozgrzewające złote mleko.
– 1 1/2 cups light coconut milk (canned is best, but carton works too)
– 1 1/2 cups unsweetened plain almond milk
– 1 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
– 1/4 tsp ground ginger (see notes for fresh*)
– 1 whole cinnamon stick (or 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon)
– 1 Tbsp coconut oil
– 1 pinch ground black pepper
Sweetener of choice (i.e. maple syrup, coconut sugar, or stevia to taste)
To a small saucepan, add coconut milk, almond milk, ground turmeric, ground ginger, cinnamon stick, coconut oil, black pepper, and sweetener of choice (I usually add 1 Tbsp (15 ml) maple syrup // amount as original recipe is written // adjust if altering batch size).
Whisk to combine and warm over medium heat. Heat until hot to the touch but not boiling – about 4 minutes – whisking frequently.
Turn off heat and taste to adjust flavor. Add more sweetener to taste or more turmeric or ginger for intense spice + flavor.
Serve immediately, dividing between two glasses and leaving the cinnamon stick behind. Best when fresh, though leftovers can be stored covered in the refrigerator for 2-3 days. Reheat on the stovetop or microwave until hot.